I was off yesterday. It was great, but a tease, since I had to work today and tomorrow. I used my day off very productively. Among one of the things I did was pay this months bills. I hat paying bills but I love being able to pay bills online. I'm able to set up all the payments for the month at one time. I also have some bills that get paid automatically. This really helps cut down the time I have to spend doing something I don't really enjoy, so that I have more time to do the things I do enjoy (that list is long).
Anyway back to giving away my hard earned money to other people. When I went online and saw our bank balance I was shocked. I shouldn't have been surprised. In the last week and a half we bought a dog (not cheap), paid to get our sick one fixed (even less cheap) and paid our mortgage (paid way more than what it's worth). Needless to say our money had been depleted and there were still many more bills to pay. I told myself it would be okay. I was getting paid tomorrow and more money would be coming in throughout the month, so I scheduled all of the payments for the month.
I know I did things backwards;pay tithing first then pay the bills. Someday I will get that right. I also have a bad habit of letting multiple deposits add up before I write out the tithing check. Part of the reason I think I do this is because Neal is paid weekly and I am paid twice a month. I need to at least write the checks when I get paid. Saving up a months worth of tithing just makes it harder when I have to part with that large of a sum of money. I did better the last two times. I just need to keep working on it.
During the bill paying project the desk usually gets cleaned or seriously straightened up. This time my cleaning up revealed a tithing envelope that was sealed. Dang it, the last tithing check never got turned in! So now I not only have one tithing check to turn in but two (gulp), for not small amounts. I have paid the bills, written out tithing checks and still need to buy food and gas this month.
WOW this is going to take some serious faith. I have been in situations similar to this before. In those situations I chose to eat instead of pay my tithing. However, I have learned since that time that I was doing it backwards. The correct order is pay tithing then eat. We have received assistance with food from the church before, when Neal was out of work, so I know we wont go hungry. Also, I wont be working so I will use less gas. We can do this.
I'm on the edge and I'm taking my leap of faith...
I am sure glad to know that we have the Lord as a safety net!
You can do it! I know its scary sometimes, and tempting to use the tithing to get by. It truly is a test of faith, because somehow the Lord provides, through his promise. Pray always!
ReplyDelete