Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Happenings...sort of (8/16-22/09)

On Friday I realized that I had not been keeping track of my happy happenings throughout the week. I know myself. I know that I will have to keep track daily or I will forget all the great things that happened. Since I tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives (my reason for happy happenings) my post would not be so happy. But I decided that even though I didn't create this weeks cheat sheet I would try and do my best.
I am happy to say that I survived this week of work. That is two weeks down, too many to go. I know, I know after the first two weeks of school things will get better. The first month of work (maybe two) for me is extremely busy and stressful. But it will pass, at least until the last two months of school.
On Tuesday my mom was in town and she came and stayed the night. I enjoyed seeing her. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so dead tired. Luckily she was completely understanding of my resemblance to the zombies.
Last Tuesday at my weigh in at WW I was down 49 lbs even. Only one more pound to go. I vowed/bragged that I was going to blow past 50 lbs this week. I supposed my lose of .6 was Carma's way of saying haha that's what you get for bragging. What the freaking crap! Point 6! In the seven days between weigh ins I worked out 5 times and I ate all of the healthy food guidelines. I was PERFECT!!!!! Carma sucks, life sucks and nothing is fair.
On Wednesday I worked more overtime, (I don't get overtime pay, how sick am I?) making me even more exhausted. However, despite being tired life goes on and I still have things to do and commitments to fulfill. Neal and I had our final interview to renew our recommends, I realized on August 1st that our recommends expired on July 31st. Opps! Now that I'm official, once I stop resembling a zombie I will get to go to the temple again. Oh how I look forward to that. (being non-zombie and going to the temple)
I got to go swimming with the young women on Wednesday. I was not going to get my hair wet. I knew if I got my hair wet that I would have to shower when I got home. I also knew that if I showered at night i would use the excuse that I was already showered and clean to skip exercising in the morning. Of course trying to be in the pool with 12ish teenagers and not get my hair wet did not work. And of course I had to take a shower before bed or I would wake up with green hair. And of course I didn't exercise in the morning. As I said before, I know myself. Good new though, I did take a 20 minute break at work on Thursday. I used this time wisely. I did 10 minutes of standing yoga and a 10 minute power walk. Yeah for me.
Thursday was full of more non paid overtime. But when I finally got home I got to do one of my favorite things. Sit on the coach and knit while I watch TV commercial free.(really its DVD's of TV shows).
Friday we were supposed to go over to a friends house for dinner. She had very kindly invited us over. Unfortunately all the overtime had taken its toll (as well as the record breaking heat) and I was feeling very crappy. My dear Friend was very understanding when I called to see if we could do it some other day. I really hope she did understand I felt quite bad for having to cancel. Sorry Erin!
Saturday all I wanted to do was veg on the coach. I also had a whole list of things I needed to do. So I did something in between. I bathed KC, that was on my list. Then Neal and I left the kids home and went to do some things we needed to do and some things we wanted to do. Our first stop was the temple, actually the beehive clothing store. After losing 49 lbs I was in desperate need of some new under garments. You know your in desperate need when you have to yank your bottoms up to your boobs just so the crotch will not be half way down to your knees, but where it belongs. After that we headed to the outlet mall. However, after driving up to the top of the parking structure and then back down without finding a spot we decided we could live without going there. After getting something to eat, we headed over to the RV dealership. No we are not buying anything, we just went to look. Someday we will buy one and we just wanted to get an idea of what we liked and wanted. We want a 5th wheel toy hauler, with a garage. I really like the raptor. If I was rich, I would buy the Raptor, but I'm not so I will just have to be content to dream about the Raptor. You might find it funny (I know I do) that we went and looked at trailers when we don't even have a truck. We had a good time though, and you can't argue with free entertainment. Maybe next time we have a cool weekend we will go look at model homes, another form of free entertainment. After we finished doing what we wanted to do we then made a quick trip to Walmart and Sams club before heading home. I didn't get the floors clean or all the laundry done, but I had a good day.

2 comments:

  1. oh .6! I have to congratulate you on 49 though! Awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chief. I'll get to 50 eventually. When I finally get to my goal weight I should be down about 93 lbs. I'm over half way there.

    ReplyDelete